Like many Americans, you may be planning to collect Social Security retirement benefits as soon as you become eligible at age 62.
However, just because it’s possible to file for benefits at 62, doesn’t mean that it’s the best choice for you.
The benefits of waiting
Did you know that for every year beyond your full retirement age you postpone collecting Social Security benefits your monthly benefit amount grows by 8%?
That can mean an increase in monthly income of up to 32%!
This is just one of many reasons why it’s so important to base your filing decision on a full understanding of your options when filing for Social Security benefits.
Know your options
There may be good reasons for filing before your full retirement age. Health concerns and financial need are important and common considerations.
It’s important to remember that everyone’s situation is different when it comes to making the decision of when to begin collecting social security benefits. We find out what’s best for you.
For this reason, we recommend finding a trusted financial service professional to help you get the information you need to make the most of your Social Security retirement benefits.
Based on the information you provide, your financial advisor will illustrate how different strategies can work in your situation.
Imagine being able to compare options and make the most informed decision you can when claiming this important benefit!
Josh Bach provides straightforward approaches to building financial strategies focused on you.
Headquartered in Fargo, North Dakota and backed by decades of experience, Josh and the team at Red River Financial Group are well-positioned to provide the information you need to bring confidence to your financial future.
We’ll ask you the right questions to gain a complete understanding of where you are financially and where you want to be. Analyzing, recommending, implementing, and reviewing comprise our four-step approach that will guide you toward your financial goals, and help you remain on track.
- Analyze: Before any solutions or suggestions can be made, we need to understand your financial goals and objectives. Only then can we analyze your current situation to identify any gaps that may exist in the preperations that you’ve already made.
- Recommend: Solutions are suggested based on your unique situation to help find the financial strategy that is the right fit for you.
- Implement: We work with you to implement your strategies to help ensure the financial future you desire.
- Review: Most financial situations change over time, so we provide periodic reviews to monitor the strategies and their capacity to continuously meet your goals.
Your life. Your goals. Your retirement. Let Josh and the team at Red River Financial Group work with you to help create the legacy you wish to leave.
If you are ready to take the next step and discuss your situation with an advisor, the process couldn’t be easier.
A simple phone call is all it takes to initiate a consultation and analysis of your filing options.
There is no obligation, and we think you’ll find that exploring your Social Security retirement benefits is time well-spent.
How It Works
- First, we schedule a brief phone call which we will use to fill in any gaps in our understanding of your situation
- Next, we set up a 30-60 minute follow-up conversation, face to face, where we will discuss your situation and needs
- Finally, after we have established a good understanding of your needs, we will begin to introduce your options
What You Can Expect
- Information on your Social Security retirement benefits and how different filing strategies might
work in your situation.
- Any gaps in your existing overall financial strategy (including estate planning and a full insurance risk assessment.)
- Establish a better understanding of existing pension or 401k’s
And it really does all start with a simple phone call!
Get in Touch